Friday, October 5, 2012

The Dark Side Of Twitter


Dear KitchenAid,

I heard about your Twitter disaster. It is a total bummer that someone on your corporate Twitter team mistakenly tweeted to all KitchenAid followers a rude message about a certain president.

I share your Twitter pain. I can totally understand how someone could hit the wrong button and mistakenly tweet, on the corporate account, a message that she wrote for her private Twitter peeps. Side note: Is this really such a big deal? Does KitchenAid really have that many followers? And if so, why?

I myself only have 3 followers on Twitter. This turns out to be a good thing as I have also mistakenly abused this social media channel. I have been posting headlines that are longer than the message is supposed to be.

This oversight should be causing me as much personal embarrassment as your KitchenAid employee is currently suffering. But it’s not. Because America loves a redemption story. (And also because I have only 3 followers.)

So I’ll redeem myself, as I’m sure your Twitter team member will. I’ll figure out what the heck a vanity short URL is, and I’ll even use it. Heck, I might get good enough that I’ll apply to be a Twitter team member for you, KitchenAid! I already have several of the job qualifications mastered, such as generation of possibly offensive content (see first “craft project” post).

Sincerely,
guru girl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment