Saturday, August 3, 2013

7 Forbidden Foods That Fill You Up & Won't Make You Fat*




*if eaten in moderation, only when you absolutely must, while attending parties, soccer tournaments or find yourself feeling nibblish while running about town  


 

There is a diet book at my dentist’s office. I am mesmerized by this book. It takes a common sense approach to eating and life by telling you what you should eat and the calorie bombs to completely avoid.

You might think this kind of guidance is a no-brainer and who would buy such a book. And you would be right. I can’t quite bring myself to buy the book because I know it would sit, unread on my nightstand.

I did, however, flip through to the eating on-the-go section. And I took copious notes. Which I have stashed in my wallet for easy reference. Because the guru crew is ramping up to soccer season, and that means there will be fast food establishments that are visited.

Following is a list of “good” fast food (good clearly being a relative term).

McDonald’s:

McDouble Burger: 390 calories
 

           Chick Filet:

Chicken Club: 410 calories

Chicken Strips: 405 calories

           Chipotle:

                   Crispy tacos: 535 calories

I also clipped an article from a parenting magazine that detailed the best party food to eat. This kind of info is great because it means you can swill margaritas, completely guilt free. A margarita is a total calorie bomb, but it’s one you can afford if you pass on the chips and guac at the bash and instead eat these:

-         Crudité: Binge on the veggie plate, not the pasta salad.

 
-         Cold Cuts: Turkey roll ups are the best for the fewest calories. Ham and roast beef ones are runners up.

  
-         Nuts: They’ve got a lotta fat but they’ll fill you up, and keep you from cruising the cookies.

Summertime fun shouldn’t bring food stress with it. Keep these simple food swaps in mind and indulge! (Click this link to go to amazon.com to learn more about the book "Eat This, Not That". I can't remember if this is the exact book at my dentist's office, but it contains similar information. It's available on kindle for around $9.  

No comments:

Post a Comment