Saturday, August 10, 2013

Guys, A Gift That Gets You Out Of Trouble Immediately


Upon seeing this pillow, my first reaction was: awwww.
My second reaction? Who, in fact, actually buys it?
I love it, but clearly this pillow is not something one buys for oneself.
And my fella? He would not – in one billion years – be reading the kind of magazines or websites that feature this sort of thing. So it would never occur to him to buy this pillow for me as a gift.
If I bought it for him it would be the worst kind of present: a “me” gift, an item technically given to him, but really something I appreciate. Like a spousal gift of lingerie or a gym membership. We clever partners see through the “me” gift every time.
We never forget it. And we never stop bringing it up. For these reasons, the “me” gift is not worth it. Buy it for yourself and save yourself the headache.
So I am not getting my guy this pillow. Instead, I shall stick with technology. Specifically the telescope 6x zoom camera for i-phones. Portable and easy, it lets you take cool, zoomed in pictures with your i-phone.
My fella and the Dynamic Duo have not yet met a mac app they do not love beyond all reason.
 

Like this one (the infamous photo booth) that morphs their faces into weird shapes.
Similarly, love-beyond-all-reason is also my reaction when I see this pillow. You don’t want to see what the photo booth feature did to my love-beyond-all-reason face. It was not pretty, so I am sparing you the visual.
You’re welcome. For that and the above pillow recommendation too. (If you are a guru guy and reading this, bookmark this page so the next time you are in trouble with your partner, you can order it up for her. Her heart will melt immediately. And you will have another decorative pillow for your bed. Small price to pay, guru guy. Just order it. ) (Click this linkt o go to zazzle.com to view the pillow and order it, if necessary.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment