Sunday, August 25, 2013

Best LBD Ever: Little Black Dress Jewelry Organizer By Umbra


LBDs are a requirement for any closet. Or so fashion editors tell us. LBDs – or little black dresses – become not such a requirement when the last BTE (black tie event) attended can only be dimly recalled. That’s how far back in the mists of time it occurred.

This is the certainly the case for me. So I am surprised that my runaway favorite closet item is indeed a LBD.
I got this baby a few weeks ago, and it makes my organizing heart sing, just seeing it there in the closet. Because prior to its purchase, the jewelry situation was not so organized.

My necklaces sat, jumbled on a shelf, in an enormous pile. Earrings were scattered, hither and yon. None of it was worn very often, prompting one friend to declare me positively Amish in my approach to jewelry.

Not Amish. Just disorganized. But not anymore. Thanks to this amazing Little Black Dress from the Container Store. I can see everything. And now I wear it too.
 

In a recent magazine, one DIYer recommends making your own little black dress for your jewelry by getting some perforated cardboard and a couple of S hooks. I guess you could do this too, although it seems like the result might be more junky than chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment