Saturday, June 9, 2012

Introduction



Like the celebrity who says she lost 70 pounds of baby weight simply by nursing and chasing her kids, the modern gal -- who says juggling it all comes easily -- is lying. There’s plenty of planning and tricks up her sleeve that she’s using to stay on top of the job, the house, the partner, the pets, the laundry, the kids, the social life and the holidays. That or Modern Gal is chugging Red Bull like it’s going out of style and main lining that 5 hour energy drink like heroin. You can do that. These are options. There are easier options. Like reading this blog.

Learn from my mistakes. I made -- and make, on a daily basis -- lots of them. Mistakes bring you experience. Experience is also known as wisdom. I don't have much innate wisdom. But I've got some. Aquired the hard way. PLENTY of mistakes. Better yet, I’ve read every self help book out there about how to live a reasonably sane life and easier ways to get there.

Add to that the fact that I’m pretty much a magazine whore, and we’ve got ourselves some know-how. Suckered by the “50 best ways” and “10 tricks” headlines of Real Simple and In Style? Me too. Every single time. Not an idiot savant when it comes to remembering this stuff? Gotcha there. I totally am. So save yourself the monthly subscription. This is the Cliff Notes version, complete with tell-all side notes about how I tried it a different way and what a disaster that was. If nothing else, you’ll be able to feel smugly superior. Best case? You’ll learn some tricks to make you even more unstoppable than you already are. Welcome to my blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment