Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Bare Minimum: And We're Not Talking Bikinis


The Bare Minimum. That’s what I’m looking for these days. This is my new time management strategy. Like this spring’s trendy 7 minute workout that was just collapsed into an efficient 4 minute workout, I’m taking this approach in all aspects of my life. But I need a cheat sheet.

This is its headline: What is the absolute bare minimum I can do to reap reasonable benefits in the following important categories?

1.       Workouts – See link to 7 minute workout.(Click this link to see detailed instructions & video for the 7 minute workout.) Genius!

2.       Yoga – I hate yoga but want reasonable peace of mind, so here goes:

-          How long do I have to do it?

-          How many times a week?

-          What kind?

-          What’s the bare minimum?

3.       Toothbrushing – I brush about as long as it takes to silently hum the Happy Birthday song. I go to the dentist. If I want to avoid root canals, braces and, ultimately, dentures, what’s the deal?

-          Do I really have to floss?

-          Do I really need to brush after lunch? I find co-workers who do this in the restroom a bit odd. Must I be one of them?

-          What’s the bare minimum?

4.       Diet – Having only one “cheat” day when dieting seems draconian. Instead, let’s try a different direction. If I want to avoid clogged arteries and buying new pants, how many days each week do I need to eat healthy?

-          And how healthy are we talking here?

-          No-cookies-some-veggies healthy or 3-proteins-no-sugars healthy?

5.       Current Events – I actually like reading the newspaper, but it is an enormous time suck, and you’ve got to do it consistently or it’s an exercise in frustration. They are always changing the names of those Baltic countries, and there’s a new tech wunderkund every time you turn around. If I want to have a reasonable clue about the world, what’s the bare minimum for newspaper reading?

-          How many days a week do I have to read it?

-          What newspaper?

-          What sections? And does it have to include finance?

Life’s about moderation, people. Especially during the summer. Do the bare minimum for the above categories and find yourself with maximum time for summer pleasures like kickball and bomb pops. I will be researching for answers but if you yourself are an expert in one of these categories, give me the scoop. Comment on the blog, on the Facebook page link or in person when you run into me at Target! Happy summer, guru girls & guys!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment