Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Color Code Your Bookshelf


 

Summer is my favorite decorating season. Mostly because I don’t teach during summer session so have several blissful weeks to fluff my house. Unfortunately, this summer I’m on the decorating disabled list. Because, as you know, my favorite decorating activity is spray painting.

I’ve tackled lamps, frames, bookshelves. You name it. I’ve spray painted it.

A few weeks ago I spray painted our patio table and chairs. Many cans and coats later, the patio set looked great. My pointer finger, however, did not. It held the spray button down for so long that I gave it a raging case of pointer-finger-carpal-tunnel syndrome. 3 weeks later, my finger is still stiff and weak.

So spray painting is out for now, but my latest decorating project is just as easy as a spray paint makeover and provides just as much instant impact. I’m going to color code my bookshelves!

Here’s how it works: Line up your books by color. Pile some vertically and some horizontally. Throw in some framed artwork and voila! Instant intellectual rainbow. In your living room!

I am on vacation this week but will post my before and after pics as soon as I get this done at home. Happy 4th of July, guru girls & guys! We are busily preparing for our float in the parade tomorrow. Will post pics of my favorite dancing presidents soon!
Photo credit: From Dwell.com; google "color coded bookshelf" for more in-depth instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment