Friday, June 7, 2013

A Great Father's Day Gift



I am going to knock it out of the park this Father’s Day. This is good because I need the win.   

It is unfortunate that earlier this week it was my fella’s ride I was driving when I saw the flash. You know the flash. The one from the hidden police van, the one that nabs you driving over the speed limit. In your fella’s ride. Which means the photo radar ticket is going to come addressed to him in the mail. Which means --gnashing his teeth --  he’ll open the ticket, only to find a picture of me, his speed demon of a wife, behind the wheel.

It would be better to confess this transgression now, before the ticket comes. But I think I’ll do it instead next weekend when my fella is basking in the joy of a Father’s Day gift that is exactly right.

There is nothing that says “Happy Father’s Day” better than high speed go-carting with the family. My fella will like it far more than a golf shirt or grilling gadget. Indeed, this adventure will cause him to remember his wife’s lead footed ways as an asset, not a liability. The shrieks of laughter and joy from his daughters on the track will drown out memories of the other kind of shrieking he hears more regularly, namely shrieks of rage between siblings.

I am pretty sure high-speed go carting is going to earn me the title of “best father’s day gift planner ever”. You can earn this title too as it’s available nationwide. Just google “K 1 racing” as this company provides go cart racing nationwide or you could try “high speed go carts” for information in your area. In general, kiddos have to be at least 4” tall to be in a child car and 58” tall to be in an adult car. At our local track the price is around $26 for 14 laps. (Click this link to go to K1 Speed website to learn more about go karting with your friends & family.) 

Guru girls, start your engines!

No comments:

Post a Comment