Monday, June 17, 2013

One Water Bottle That's A Winner


 
There are a few first class faux pas. I’m not exactly a first class frequent flier, but even I know that dumping water on the head of a fellow traveler is a no-no.

So it is unfortunate that I just did this very thing as I hefted my bag into the overhead bin and my water bottle, which I thought was empty, sprinkled its contents onto the head of the gentleman seated below. Luckily, it was only a few drops and the fellow was very nice about it. Also, it reminded me about my favorite water bottle, the Reduce Waterweek, the kind I am not carrying today. Grrrr.

Hydration is important but inconvenient. Unless you tote a water bottle around all day. Which I do. Which is how I’ve come to lose innumerable Camelback water bottles, which are too darn expensive to misplace at rec centers, soccer fields and nail salons across the metro area.

The answer, instead, is an inexpensive, on-the-go water bottle with a budge-proof cap. Enter the Reduce Waterweek bottles. They come in a pack of 5 for around $24. They are small enough to jam in your purse. They come in darling prints and best yet, they have a little screw-on cap that will not mistakenly come loose and drench your bag (or the heads of your fellow passengers).

Even better? When thirsty, you simply remove the cap and take dainty, ladylike sips of water. Gone are the days of swigging from the water bottle, while the tethered lid smashes awkwardly into your cheek.

The Reduce water bottle is portable, reusable and decidedly non-drippy. Use it for 30 days and you’ll lose weight and look younger too (the miracle effects of water drinking, baby!) Don’t like water? Shotgun 8 ounces of it at room temp, sit back and enjoy the results.

Like the passenger in 2E, who tells me his damp neck is refreshing, I am also finding my experience in first class refreshing.  I think it’s the warm towel the flight attendant just brought me. Or the fact that it’s not me but my fella – whose frequent flier status is the only reason I got this upgrade – behind the curtain, playing tic-tac-toe with the Dynamic Duo. Whatever the reason, I am feeling positively renewed. Like the Earth will be when a lot of us swear off plastic and buy Reduce Waterweek water bottles instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment