Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tough Love Tuesday & Coach's Legacy Leather Duffle


It’s Tough Love Tuesday here at Guru Girl Inc. There’s no easy way to break the news so I’m just going to say it. The mini backpack must go.

I didn’t even realize this message needed to be spread, but I saw my friend Lisa recently. Lisa is still rocking the mini backpack because she’s declared a fatwa on purses. Yes, she thinks they’re evil.

I actually have another friend named Lisa who also refuses to carry a purse. Maybe it’s something in the name. In fact, all 3 of my friends named Lisa are sporty, natural beauties who don’t sweat the small stuff – pretty much the exact opposite of guru girl here. Why didn’t my parents name me Lisa?! Life would be so much easier, and I would spend so much less on purses.

But I digress… I understand not feeling the big, old Mom purse vibe. But mini backpacks are not the solution. Now, the new Coach cross-body bag? That’s a gold star answer. It’s cute and on-trend, but also comfortable. Sling it on and set off on your day. The Legacy Leather Minnie Duffle is as accessible as a fanny pack but will evoke images of starlets and momshells, not your grandma at Disneyland.

I know the only action my backpack-wearing friend Lisa will take, upon reading this, is laughing her ass off. This is because she dared me to write about it, and also because she delights in horrifying me. Lisa also told me recently that she not only wears cargo pants, she buys them in the boys’ department and actually uses their many pockets… to store all the items she can’t fit in her mini backpack. How can she not see the problem here?!

Part of me thinks Lisa made this last part up, just to see if she could make me spit out my drink as I gasped, but a bigger part of me fears it’s true. She’s all about functional fashion so the cargo pants scenario fits. But fashion need not be funky to be functional. See Exhibit A: Coach’s Legacy Leather Minnie Duffle ($198 at Coach stores).   (Click here to check out further details.)

Editor’s Note: Thanks for the idea, Lisa! It’s unfair you are a Momshell, even with the backpack, but you are!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment