Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Face Of Total Blog Domination


So I’m behind on the six-point social media plan my tech guru Tanisha gave me as homework to expand the blog, oh, three months ago. This didn’t seem like such a big deal considering Tanisha lives in New York, and I rarely see her in person. Except I’m seeing her in the flesh, um, tomorrow, and I’m still behind on the plan, and instead of acting like a responsible person I seem to have reverted to college guru girl.
I am spending the night speed reading the text that I should have started months ago. My head is already spinning (search engine optimization? creative commons licenses? multiplatform offline blog editors?), and I haven’t even drunk my first Red Bull yet.

I feel like it’s the mid-90s. “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong” should be on the c.d. player, and I should be writing this on a word processor. Maybe Tanisha will remember we lived through all of these things together, as well as four of the coldest winters in upstate New York on record. In high school I helped score her a hot prom date and re-parked her car during free periods. All with nary a complaint. Well, okay, some complaint.

Which means Tanisha can complain some that I am a flibberty gibbet who’s wasting her valuable advice. But mostly she should tell me stories of her love life that allow me to live vicariously, sample some California rolls and explain (for the twentieth time) how pinterest works. Because this is what friends do. Especially those who remember you still have photographic evidence of them in a bright blue prom dress and the ability to disseminate it to a widespread audience.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment