Saturday, May 18, 2013

2 Reasons To Hate Magazines


I just finished one of my relaxing “kick back with a magazine” sessions, and I now feel totally and utterly not relaxed.

It seems magazine editors are now just making up work for us to do. I read one article that says you’ve gotta grill your donuts and make a strawberry chive dip for them too. Only then will your barbeque be the best it can be.


Seriously?!

 
Donuts are one of the few foods that are best in their natural, unaltered state because they’re, um, donuts. Like my friend Tara who’s eating clean these days, I am too. I would never corrupt my donuts’ natural deliciousness by grilling them.


Another magazine editor named Martha Stewart is creating work for me too. This month Martha’s magazine urged me to renew my commitment to my dog.

Yes, really.

It’s not enough to have quality, one-on-one time with each kid, my fella and my best girlfriend. Now I’m supposed to have it with my dog too. The “Martha” columnist said I should make a list of things the dog likes to eat and do.

 
The first list is easy. What does Stanley like to eat? Just put down “everything” says the 10 year old. I wonder if the list should include grilled donuts? I’d better stop typing and start grilling so I can find out. Thanks, magazine editors, for helping me figure out how to spend my Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment