Friday, April 26, 2013

Up Your Style Game: The Athleta Anytime Anorak



Here is my fashion problem. I buy clothes for the life I lead 10% of the time. Not the one I lead 90% of the time. So when I look in my closet and wail, “I have nothing to wear.” 90% of the time that is a very true statement. Because my closet is chock full of silk halter tops, fitted blazers, pencil skirts and slingback sandals.

 
These are great items to wear on date night to a bistro or a GNO or book club. But they’re not such great items to wear when teaching students how to diagram a sentence or driving the soccer carpool or messing up the nightly dinner.

 
I am keeping my new mantra “Buy clothes for the 90% life you lead” in mind as I peruse the cute, new trench coats they’re showing for spring.

 
Every year I want one. Every year I am drawn to the one that is bright green and fitted. Every year I do not buy it. But only because spring is  a very short season out West. Plummeting temperatures quickly give way to scorching ones, a fact that is inconvenient weather-wise but very convenient for my pocketbook as it saves me from buying a highly inappropriate coat.


But this year we’re actually having a spring. So of course I actually want to purchase a trench coat. But I am reminding myself that the fitted, bright green trench coat wouldn’t match anything I wear 90% of the time.

Here’s what would be much better instead: The Athleta Anorak. 

It would look great over bootcut jeans and a crisp, white shirt (my go to uniform for work). It would look great over black, skinny jeans and a boatneck sweater (my everyday life uniform).


It’s not so fancy that I’ll feel like my hair and makeup need to be perfect before I can put it on. We all have clothes like that, right? They’re the ones that never get worn because we so rarely have time for the perfect hair and makeup required for the item to look good.


This anorak ups your style game even if all you’re sporting is a gray hoodie and grayer circles beneath your eyes, from the late night spent watching “Downton Abbey” on continuous loop.


Because we all have have those gray days. With the Athleta Anorak on top, your gray hoodie Saturday turns into the kind of Stylish Saturday sure to make even Lady Mary Crawley proud. (Click this link to go to the athleta site to see the athleta anytime anorak, available for $118.)

2 comments:

  1. So funny...I have been eyeing up that jacket for three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! (just like in high school) yikes!

    ReplyDelete