Thursday, April 18, 2013

One Very Good Vacuum: The Dyson Digital Slim DC44 Animal


So it’s come to this. I am lusting after a vacuum cleaner and seriously contemplating spending big bucks on it. This is how serious I am: I’m also contemplating giving up my weekly Panera dinner with the Dynamic Duo in order to fund this vacuum acquisition.

 
I love Panera. I love not cooking dinner in the middle of the week. I might love this vacuum more. It’s a Dyson, which we all know makes it the Muhammed Ali of the vacuum world, i.e. undisputed champion but also slow and heavy. This new vacuum model is basically Sugar Ray Leonard, i.e. just as powerful, but lightweight (and also cordless!) (Click this link for more information about the Dyson Digital Slim DC44 Animal). It's available at Bed, Bath & Beyond for around $400. 

 
I’m undecided about the purchase. I have a deeply held belief that household maintenance items should be free since they are simply necessary and not fun at all. I once used this logic in a budget discussion with my fella when we first got married.
 

I argued the grocery bill shouldn’t count in the budget because food doesn’t count as a fun purchase. It’s just a necessary purchase, for, you know, survival.  As you can imagine, this argument didn’t go over too well with my fella who is a Midwesterner and thus very practical, about things like budgets and snow.  

 
Over the years I’ve gotten more practical about basic economics. I get that vacuums aren’t free just because we’d like them to be. Just like carpets aren’t dog-hair-less, despite my ardent wishes.

But the Dyson Digital Slim DC44 Animal could fix my carpet problem. Now if only there was something to fix my budget outlook. I bet my fella would pay big bucks for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment