Monday, April 22, 2013

How To Master A Tough Task


I’m not one to change my behavior based on statistics. But I recently read a really disturbing one that you’d better believe is gonna alter some choices around here.


A blogger is supposed to spend 20% of her time on content and 80% of her time on marketing/social media.

 
Argh. I have been doing the exact opposite of this statistic. If the exact opposite looks more like a 98/2% split. How is it that statistics are still tripping me up when I’m this far out of college and not regularly skipping the 8 a.m. statistics class?!

 
I never did fix my statistics problem in college, although I did start attending class. This happened after my dad had a heart-to-heart with me and explained the basic economics of college. He did this in terms his fashion-crazy, math-impaired daughter could understand. He said, “Every college class you skip is like throwing away a pair of Guess jeans.”

 
Basically, he scared me straight. Just like the effect this blogging statistic is having on me right now! I may start featuring more photos and short commentary. Or maybe I’ll post less frequently, just while I get up and running with this whole “remember to check Facebook more than once in a blue moon” schedule. I promise you my social media strategy is much more comprehensive than just this item. Probably.

So it may take some time. I appreciate you guys sticking with me and still checking the guru girl page, despite the fact that I won’t be blasting you every other day.

This social media task has to be like focusing on a muscle you’re not used to working. Yes, when you’ve spent a winter being a couch potato, doing a billion situps is a painful time suck. But it’s worth it when you’re able to slip on that pair of Guess jeans you’ve saved from college, right?


What life-enriching task have you been putting off? I can’t be the only one here who is this set in her ways. For you, is it cleaning the basement? (Although I don’t know if this qualifies as exactly life-enriching.) Filing that mass of paperwork? Taking that Zumba class? Do tell!


 

3 comments:

  1. I've been putting off meditating. And journaling. And yoga. And taking out the trash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you've been putting off taking out the trash, TN1970, as trashcans are among the many items we share, including others, like bank accounts and kids.

      Delete
  2. I've been putting off meditating. And journaling. And yoga. And taking out the trash.

    ReplyDelete