Friday, November 9, 2012

Toms Pop Cord Classics: Pop 'Em On Your Feet


 
I didn’t want to like these shoes. I tried not to, but then I saw them on display at Whole Foods. I don’t go to Whole Foods all that often because even their fruit is good. It tastes better than a candy bar. How is an undisciplined shopper such as myself supposed to walk out of that store with a full wallet?   

And my fella refuses to go because he thinks the Whole Foods shoppers at our local store are unreasonably proud of themselves for nothing other than being Whole Foods shoppers. I believe he may be overthinking such an inconsequential thing, but as I spend large amounts of time thinking about Ben Affleck, who am I to say?  

So there I found myself in Whole Foods, shivering in my ballerina flats and pondering the Tom’s shoe display. Yes, the shoes first struck me as being rather bandage-like, but they also struck me as being more substantial and warm than, oh, ballerina flats in November.

Then I got the Tom’s catalogue in the mail today, and they have lots of different styles. Their seasonal pop cord classics are adorable. Versatile, trendy and you’re doing good for the world. Because for every pair of Tom’s shoes you buy, the company donates a pair to a kiddo in need.
 
It’s a win-win. Kind of like eating fruit that’s candy bar good. Or going to see pretty much any Ben Affleck movie.    (Click this link to go to the toms website where you can check out these shoes, which sell for around $54.)

No comments:

Post a Comment