Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Amp Up Your Holiday Style


The Sundance catalog continues to be a personal affront. This month’s version features 2 more ridiculous hats: the Bunny & Bear caps respectively.

Is there a conspiracy to infantilize women going on? What’s next? Onesies? Footed pajamas?

Know thyself. Know thy body type. Be careful of trends. If they’re not going to flatter you, don’t wear them. Fashion should be about looking your personal best. It shouldn’t involve looking at a picture of Stylish You from 10 years ago and cringing.

If you’re in the shop’s dressing room and you’re on the fence about an item, just say no. This is your body’s primal way of saying,” Back away from the skinny jeans.”

So page 41 of the Sundance catalog had me rolling my eyes and flashing back to my Women’s Studies class in college (and yes, I totally took it for the easy “A”, but clearly walked out with some lasting ideas, unlike college algebra.)
 

But Sundance redeemed itself on page 40 where it featured the Darien Cowlneck tee. This is a great top. I own several in a similar style, and I wear them all the time. They’re great for layering under a sweater or blazer for work, and they look casual but cute for running around town. Make sure to wear with a camisole underneath or the look’s less fashion forward and more va-va-voom, and you don’t want to know what Women’s Studies chicks have to say about that.(Click this link to go to sundancecatalog.com to see the tee, retailing for $58.)

2 comments:

  1. I've checked my body type. Please sign me up for one Bunny cap. When onesies come out in the spring catalog, I'm a size L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep picturing you as Baby New Year, TN1970. Smokin'...

    ReplyDelete