Monday, November 5, 2012

Sky Mall Magazine & Go Go Gum


You might have wondered, “Why the radio silence lately, guru girl?” I’ve been in Washington D.C. spending some quality family time, by which I mean:

-       Arguing with the Dynamic Duo over the need to wear coats

-       Visiting museums and explaining evolution

-       Being bed buddies at night with the 9 year old, because the Dynamic Duo share a bed about as well as they share anything else -- not well

Now I’m on the plane, readying myself for take off, and I’m exhausted. I don’t do well in an exhausted state. Because that’s when I tend to do unpredictable, unwise things, like cutting my hair into a bob and volunteering to babysit the preschool guinea pig for the holidays. (Both of which I did, when the girls were young, during the Year Of Exhaustion, otherwise known as 2006.)  


So it’s not good that I’m exhausted, and there’s a Sky Mall magazine and a phone for shopping immediately in front of me. I love Sky Mall magazine. I love all its gadgets. In a weakened condition, it’s hard to fight the lure of the garden yeti statue or the Furminator deshedding tool for one’s dog (the name alone!)  

I need to find some energy. Luckily, my in-flight magazine has an answer for that too: Stay Alert Caffeine Gum! Apparently this gum delivers caffeine to your system more efficiently than coffee! It works so well that the army gives it to soldiers.

If it strengthens soldiers for a fight, it should work just fine for me and my Sky Mall battle. If not, the next time you’re in Denver you’ll know it’s guru girl’s house by the garden yeti statue out front.  (Click this link to go to ebay where the gum sells for around $6.50.)

No comments:

Post a Comment