Monday, April 6, 2015

5 Books You Won't Be Able To Put Down

Have just returned from a quick spring break getaway with the guru crew. 

As always, I loaded my kindle with books. Because there’s hardly anything better than a sunshine vacation filled with pool time, umbrella drinks and book reading!

And this vacation was good, except for the parts that were bad. 

Like when I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the horseback ride through the desert. Guru girl was not copping a squat behind a cactus. There is modesty to think about. And also rattlesnakes.

The other bad part of vacation was the book reading.

For 12 years I haven’t been able to get through even one book on vacation.

This year I read 3.

Because the Dynamic Duo no longer require me to frolic with them. Indeed, they actively discourage me from frolicking (and also tinkling in the desert).

I have officially achieved Sunshine Vacation Nirvana, the vision of which got me through the toughest, on-call- 24/7 – days of toddlerhood.

And it makes me sad.

How’s that for great cosmic irony?!

Luckily, I read some really excellent books this break that got my mind off the bad stuff. All these books feature heroines a lot more troubled than I am, except for Nathaniel P. which follows a guy who’s a bigger train wreck than the lot of us!

My favorite reads this spring:


1) A Small Indiscretion by Jan Ellison


2) Girl On A Train by Paula Hawkins

3) The Love Affairs Of Nathaniel P. by Adelle Waldman

4)The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters

5) The Vacationers by Emma Straub


Read on, guru girls & guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment