Tuesday, April 21, 2015

5 Foods Every Dieter Needs


I am officially on a money diet.

This weekend I got a little too excited at the school auction. I was feeling bad about my lack of bidding restraint until a friend commiserated about her own experience a few years ago.

She texted,”I put my paddle up for a golf trip, without even knowing the details. (Like it’s in another state and only valid on weekdays!!)”

Another shared," Last year I bid on the art project with the fingerprints of all the fourth graders. I didn't even have a fourth grader!"

Thank God for girlfriends! I am still chuckling about their stories and feeling much less chagrined about my own. I’m not alone in my momentary auction madness!

But the money diet remains and the healthy eating diet too. Dieting is the worst because you’re hungry all the time. But add these 5 foods to your pantry and presto! You’re eating healthy and not hungry or incredibly bitter.

It’s a contradiction in terms, I know. Like the term “responsible spending” when applied to guru girl.

All this stuff has lots of protein so it fills you up, and most of it comes in easy-to-carry packs you can stash in your purse.

The 5 Fab Foods:

1.      Sargento Balanced Breaks cheese and nut packs – 7 grams protein, 180 calories per pack

2.    Frollicks Crunchy Cheese cracker pouches – 8 grams protein, 90 calories per pack.


3.    Think Thin High Protein bars – 20 grams protein, 240 calories

4.    Edamame – 4 grams protein, 45 calories per single serving


5.     Apple  -- I have no idea what the stats are on apples, but they’re good for you. One recent study says to eat an apple before dinner every day.


Happy healthy eating and living, guru girls and guys!

And for those of you with school auctions to attend, bid away those Benjamins. The guilt is fleeting and the good lasts the whole next school year. It’s a great cause! Many thanks to those who made ours so irresistible!  

No comments:

Post a Comment