Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rifle Paper Company: Cutest. Stationery. Ever.



Johannes Gutenberg would be fired up. I bet Gutenberg, who invented the printing press back in the day, never dreamed of the publishing advancements that are now routine.

3-D printers are already capable of producing a gun. Yes, a gun. One that can fire real bullets. Someone mentioned this to me at a cocktail party last year, and I thought he’d had one too many. But now I think I was the one who had one too many, since I totally failed to get his point.

I just read that 3-D printers have now gone a step further. They’re printing up body parts. Yes, body parts! I read it on the internet (msn.com), and I always believe what I read on the internet.

Here’s what scientists are doing: they’re using living cells as ink to try to print up body part tissue. In 10 years they think they’ll be able to print up new livers as quickly as newspapers.

Now it’s not a human pancreas or anything, but here’s the printing press product I’m psyched about these days: stationery with your doppelganger on it. Only it’s a miniature, stylized version of yourself, with great hair!

So cute! Who wouldn’t love to get a note in the mail on a card featuring a skinnier/more stylish/better hair-ed you?

If only you could size it up to wear as a mask for those bad hair/no time for makeup mornings! I think this should be the company’s next offering: Lifesized, Stylized, Doppelganger Masks. Almost as good as a photoshopped liver! (Click this link to go to riflepaperco.com to get more information &/or order.) The company also does custom portraits.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment