Thursday, September 5, 2013

Get Spa-Like Sparkle At Home: Glam Glow Youthmud


 
Get Spa-Like Sparkle At Home: Glam Glow
My first job out of college was reporting for the Wakefield Observer, a hard hitting weekly newspaper in metro Boston. I covered the police beat and the city beat and the entertainment beat, basically every beat because I was the newspaper’s only reporter.

It was at this job that I got introduced to odd beauty rituals, when I interviewed a beauty book author named Dianne. Dianne must have had a Wakefield connection or my editor would never have let me do the story.
He would have insisted I cover a train accident or environmental issue or school scandal, all the hard news I studiously avoided. (I didn’t say I was a good reporter.)

It was this interview with Dianne that led me to indulge in all manner of food-as-facial hijinks. Dianne wrote an entire book about it! Based on her advice, I spent weeks slathering my face with egg white, avocado and honey. Then I would peer into the mirror, searching for that youthful glow.

There was no difference in my skin.

Because I had that youthful glow all the time.

Because I was 23.

Sadly, this is no longer the case. And it would take an entire carton of eggs to bring on the sparkle.

But here’s what does get me glimmering like Twilight’s Edward-in-the-meadow: Glam Glow Mud Mask.

It’s a mud mask that dissolves the layer of older skin, that one you’ve been abusing with sun worshipping all summer. You can feel the mask tingling, tightening and working. After just one try your skin looks noticeably brighter – pink, rosy. Dare I say it? It looks almost 23.

Recently, Glam Glow nabbed some big beauty product award so you know it’s good. And after you use it, you don’t smell like Eggs Benedicts or artichoke dip.

Keep your food in the fridge and the years off your face. Grab some Glam Glow and frighten your roommate &/or family members, one of whom shouted at me last night, “Get your green face away from me.”

Small price to pay for beauty nirvana. (Click this sephora.com link to find out more about Glam Glow Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask. It's available for $69.) It's spendy but worth it, and the Sephora folks will give you a free sample if you ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment