Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bring On The Sparkle: Sundance Jewelry & Stuff




One of my favorite blogs is Cheap Chic (cheapchic.com). On it, blogger Reichel shows two versions of the same home decor item, say a coffee table. Both items are chic but only one is cheap. Usually, you can hardly tell the difference between the two, except by the price tag. 

When I opened the latest "Sundance" catalogue, I was gobsmacked, in much the same manner Reichel must be when she finds these great items that are lookalikes for high end versions. 

I was gobsmacked because I have the necklace Sundance proudly showed on pg. 84. And no, I did not pay twelve hundred dollars for it.

No, that is not a typo. Twelve hundred dollars. The movie star lifestyle ain't cheap. Robert Redford's gotta represent, and he's using your necklace dollars to do so. 


I got my fabulous lookalike necklace from my fabulous jewelry designing friend Shawna. I love it, and it looks almost exactly the same as the Sundance one. Plus I get to brag that I know the designer! 

For your jewelry needs, find a jewelry designing friend near you. Or borrow mine. Shawna would kill me for publicizing her email address on the blog, but if you're in the market for some baubles, send me a note, and I'll give you her contact info offline. 

I'm circling all the necklaces I really like in Sundance, then I'm giving the catalogue to Shawna to use as inspiration for the necklaces she'll design -- and my fella will give me -- for the whole next year. 

It's a win-win-win. Mr. Guru Guy doesn't have to shop or pay big bucks to Sundance, and I get to be a girl who says Robert Redfordy things like, "Send the pic over to my designer. I'm sure she can whip it up for you."

Bring on the sparkle, guru girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment