Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Miracle In A Bottle: For Real


I’ve detected a bitter note in my guru girl postings from the last month. Possibly this is because it has been raining here for at least a month and there’s a reason guru girl doesn’t live in Seattle.

But my sunny disposition is back, ladies and gentlemen, thanks to a quick girlfriend getaway trip to Utah this past weekend. I was adventurous. On both land.


And spa. (Though I wouldn’t recommend the cranial-sacral massage to anyone. Unless you know what the “sacral” part refers to going into it, which I didn’t. So surprising! And not in the least bit relaxing. Thank goodness my masseuse was female or I might be filing charges.)

I had a great time reliving high school memories. And an even better time teasing my friend about the enormous hat she wore everywhere. 


But my hat-headed friend is onto something I have never been. Sun protection.

So while I’m not Derby-worthy like Dianne, I am sunscreen worthy thanks to my latest purchase: Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield.

This stuff is magic in a bottle. It’s a lotion that has SPF 30 and “combats the signs of aging while instantly blurring away imperfections”, according to the ad.

This stuff is spendy but worth it. It's $65 at Sephora or Ulta.(Click this link to go to sephora.com to learn more about Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield.) 

So when the sun finally comes back to Colorado, I’m gonna slather up and blur away. Now if only the stuff blurred away embarrassing high school memories too ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment