Monday, March 2, 2015

The HoloLens &The Ben Affleck Of Plants


  
This just in: Microsoft has a fab, new product called the HoloLens headset. Pop it on your head and hologram images are projected onto your actual surroundings. You can see, hear and interact with them. Like those creepy 3D rides at Disneyworld.

As soon as I get my HoloLens I’m going to dial up some Ben Affleck. Because I love him already. And I would love him even more if I could conjure him up at will. I’m also going to program him to wink and say,” Lookin’ good, guru.”

Goodbye, winter blah’s.

Then I’m going to program my HoloLens to display lush greenery. Plants, waterfalls, grass. Anything but snow. Because right now I have enough real world snow to last me, oh, forever.

The big wrench in this plan is the HoloLens doesn’t go on the market until later this year, and it’s gonna be spendy. So my Ben Affleck fantasies are gonna have to wait awhile, but my lush, green fantasies are not.

Because, in the meantime, I’m going to buy a fiddle leaf fig. This is not just a plant. It’s a design world darling. It’s tall and sculptural and gives a room that extra something. Just like Ben Affleck!


And it costs just $20 at your local Home Depot. Apparently it’s also a bit temperamental, but what movie star isn’t? If you put it in a good place (bright, indirect light, preferably in Malibu) and lavish it with care (only water once a week and sponge off its torso, I mean, leaves when dusty), it will reward you with dazzling good looks for years to come.


 Happy plant-buying/winter-survival, guru girls & guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment