Friday, January 9, 2015

4 Style Rules To Live By

This bedazzled burkini is the sort of thing I would buy just because it's on sale.
 What is wrong with me?!

I am never breaking style rule #3: do not buy stuff just because it is on sale ever again. Last month I went and broke it.

Twice.

The annual sales they were having at Sundance and Boden were killer. Great items. Even greater prices. What’s not to like?

It turns out there’s everything not to like about this scenario… starting with the way the clothes look on me! There is a reason that boho chic tunic is a steal of a deal at $19.99. Because its weird cut makes me look like I’m wearing a small, pup tent!

This is why they have 12,000 of them in leftover stock. These companies should actually be paying me $19.99 to take it off their hands.

Now I have to package the stuff up, send it back and remember to check my Visa to ensure my account is credited. This will totally happen as I am definitely not one to let mundane details slip. (Last statement untrue as my “to do” list is made up of nothing but these mundane details because I procrastinate with them until the end of time!)
  
Guru girls, remember your style rules. Live by them. And save yourself much time, angst and postage.

Style Rules

Rule #1: Try stuff on. Always. 

Rule #2: The most you’re going to love something is when you’re trying it on in the dressing room. If you’re not doing the “how cute am I” twirl in it in the dressing room, do not buy it.

Rule #3: Don’t buy something just because it’s on sale and think the low price 
is going to make you love it. 

Rule #4: Before you buy something think of the exact outfit you’re going to wear it with. And the exact occasion. If you can’t think of these two things, back away from the item.

Apparently most of us wear 20% of what is in our closet all the time. This statistic infuriates me, as do most statistics and math in general. Follow these style rules and kick those style mistakes (80%???) to the curb.

Happy shopping, guru girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment