Friday, June 20, 2014

The Surf & Sand "It" Bag


Took the dog to a new groomer this morning. They had me fill out a questionnaire describing Stanley’s personality. I wanted to write bouncing psycho.

But I didn’t. 

Even though that dog tried to climb out the window of the car on the drive over to the groomer. This was after Stanley leapt into the car via the front seat and somehow managed to turn on the hazards with his tail.
 
I don’t know how to turn the hazard lights off yet because the car is new, and it’s never been in such a hazardous situation before – clearly, because Stanley doesn’t get to ride in it that often.

So there I was wildly reading the driver’s manual to see how to turn the hazards off. Dog panting in my right ear, children screeching in my left ear, because now we’re late getting to art class. When – of course – up saunters our favorite handyman, Henry.

You know those people in your life you don’t see that often but every time you do see them you look utterly hopeless?

Henry is that person to me.

I seem to be in a ridiculous situation every time he comes over for a project. So it was doubly embarrassing when Henry reached through my open window and clicked off the hazard light button. The one in the middle of the dashboard. With the big hazard symbol on it.

Argh.

So I’m not exactly killing it on the home front today. At least in terms of efficiency and grace under pressure.  But I am gonna kill it on the pool front tomorrow. Because I saw this great, new beach bag that is such a good product it does the thinking for you. (Hear that, Honda hazard light designers?)

It’s a pool bag that also acts as a cooler. It’s insulated so your snacks stay cold. But it’s light enough to sling over your shoulder. Here’s how to make it even more clever:

-         Put ice in 3 or 4 giant Ziploc bags. Cozy these around your perishable items. Then, as the day goes on, pour the melted water into a cup and – voila! – it’s a water bottle you didn’t have to haul.

-         Put a pair of scissors in another Ziploc bag. Use them to cut open yogurt tubes and other tricky snack items. Like those plastic prisons Gatoraide six-packs come in. (Who can slide bottles out of those damn things? I mean, other than Henry.)

Follow these 3 steps (1. Get bag. 2. Ice up ziplocks. 3. Add scissors ) and beckon summertime adventure.

Because you’ve got it covered, and you’re keeping your cool (basically the exact opposite of Guru Girl this morning). 

You can get this miracle bag at your local Sam’s Club or Cost Co., bouncing psycho dog not included. (Click this link to go to amazon.com where you can get a similar bag for around $8.)


Happy pool-time fun, guru girls & guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment