Friday, June 13, 2014

2 Great Father's Day Gifts

Brookstone has let me down. So has Best Buy. I’m scared to go into the Apple store. And Father’s Day is in 2 days.

I got nothing. No creative ideas. No fun projects to spearhead. And if I come home with another golf shirt Guru Guy is going to make his other family his favorite – the one he spends weekends and holidays with. I don’t believe for a second he travels a lot for work.

So I went searching online and found a site I’m not entirely sure is for real. It could be a fake site that ostensibly sells items that are funny but no way does anyone actually think they’re real. I am always getting fooled about stuff like this. Like those “people” who think “The Onion” is a real newspaper.

Back to the site-of-the-day, it’s called Likecool.com and the stuff it has is genius for guys. Like the napkin picnic table. Portable, romantic (in a “Lady & The Tramp” way) and funny. Like Guru Guy himself!

Or the lonely tent. Nothing makes my fella grumpier than setting up a tent. This one sets up itself! This would be so handy at the swim meets we’re now attending for the 8 year old.


The only downside is the tent has no windows and sitting by oneself in a windowless tent all day is a bit odd. On second thought, getting branded Swim Parent Weirdo wouldn’t be such a great Father’s Day gift. 

The other item I saw and didn’t like was the dog friendly sleeping bag. It has a special feature where you fasten Fido’s collar to the sleeping bag.

In theory, this keeps him from running wildly around the tent.

In reality, here’s how that would work. Our dog Stanley would hear something menacing -- a bear, a squirrel or a leaf falling -- and that crazy dog would rampage around the tent, dragging the attached sleeping bag and my attached sleeping fella with him. 


That would be really funny to see but perhaps not so funny to experience. 

However, the site likecool.com is both – funny to see and funny to experience.(Click this link to visit www.likecool.com.)

But perhaps I had better leave the site alone for Father’s Day and go back to my tried and true gift: detailing Guru Guy’s car! Because nothing says happy father’s day like a ride with no goldfish shards or juice boxes in it. 


Happy Father’s Day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment