Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What I Want: A Hologram & Sundance's Cosmic Sandals

So this week’s big news was Michael Jackson’s appearance at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night. He sang. He danced. He made those weird, guttural grunting noises like always. 

How is it that celebrities like Jackson have figured out ways to get out of everything bad in life? DUI’s, wrinkles, even death.

Because Michael Jackson has been dead for awhile but his hologram image was alive and kicking on Sunday. It was a little creepy but also effective.

So although I am generally anti-technology, I too would like a hologram. It can represent me at all the places I am expected to be in this month of  chaos. Soccer games and parties, music and dance recitals, end of school field trips and celebrations.

It would be easy to make Hologram Guru Girl. All she would have to do is smile and nod. Because generally this is all I do at these events.

Especially when I’m sitting next to the soccer coach who is detailing elaborate soccer defense strategy. I am the parent who, after 5 years, is still a little unclear on the position of my own player, much less anyone else on the team.

Last week, at a barbecue, conversation turned to junk bonds. Junk bonds, I tell you. Just smile and nod.


This is also what I did last night, at the school musical where the 11 year old made her musical debut as a dancing spoon. It was tough to tell her apart from all the other dancing cutlery. But I was there in the audience.
Smiling. Nodding. And wearing cute sandals.


These are my new favorites because they’re almost as versatile as Guru Girl in May. They can be sporty or artsy. About the only thing they are not is junk bond chic. So I may not have my own personal hologram.

Yet.

But I do have cute sandals that take my multitasking, non-hologramed self all the places I need to go. (Available for around $90 at Sundance.)


Happy summer, guru girls & guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment