Thursday, February 7, 2013

Why The Lint Lizard Won't Make You Worry


A few days ago the newspaper ran an article called “What You Should Really Worry About”. Why would they run this kind of article?

Do they not realize that some of their readers, like guru girl, can take the act of worrying to dizzying new heights if given enough data? So I didn’t want to read the article, but it’s like hearing a crash in your toddler’s room. You don’t want to go see the mayhem but you can’t help yourself.

So I read the article and am pleased to say that it added absolutely nothing to the list of things I am currently worrying about. Because the piece was filled with things that scientific experts said we should worry about. But these events are so enormous in scale there’s absolutely nothing we little people can do to stop them. We’re talking asteroid-crashing-into-earth possibilities. This sort of thing doesn’t trouble me at all. If there’s nothing I can do, then I have a very French attitude. Que sera sera.

It’s when I read articles about hazards that I can do something about that I worry. My worrying went into overdrive when I recently learned that lint piling up in your dryer is a top cause of house fires. One of the ways you can tell lint is piling up in your dryer’s venting system is that your clothes don’t fully dry after one cycle.

This is definitely an issue at our house. A few years ago we had a service guy out to clear the dryer system, which is vented out of our roof. Scheduling service calls like this is both inconvenient and expensive. And having a service guy on the roof causes me to worry even more, mostly that he will fall off the roof. So I’ve been ignoring the issue.

But a house fire would be even more inconvenient and expensive so I am now on the “lint in the dryer” case. To the rescue is an “As Seen On T.V. Product” called the Lint Lizard. This gizmo attaches to your vacuum cleaner and cleans the lint out from deep within your dryer, for only $14! (Click this link to learn more about the Lint Lizard, available on amazon.com.)

The Lint Lizard recently got the “Good Housekeeping” seal of approval, and its manufacturers claim it works “like a magic wand”. In my princess-crazy household those words alone seal the deal. Getting fully dry clothes and taking “dryer fire” off my worry list? That’s just icing on the cake!  

No comments:

Post a Comment