Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pim & Larkin: Fashion "Do"


When I am bored or not able to sleep, I redecorate houses in my mind. Mostly I concentrate on houses I’ve lived in, like our starter house or past apartments. This is a little weird, but it keeps me entertained and costs nothing.

My friend Sevi has, unwittingly, unleashed a similar phenomenon in me. Recently, Sevi offered up the idea that she was thinking of cutting in bangs. The group erupted. Everyone had opinions about what Sevi should do with her hair. Here’s why: Sevi is stunning. She could have, basically, no hair and still be stunning. So all our advice was guaranteed to be good.

There’s nothing worse than offering advice that turns out to be stunningly bad, as when I told my friend she just had to adopt a well behaved, prison-trained dog. And then the dog she adopted tried to kill her cat. I still feel terrible about that, so I’ve tried to reign myself in on the advice-giving front.

But I can’t help doing it in my mind. Which is what I did this weekend when I stumbled across a new clothing brand: Pim & Larkin. They have the cutest clothes. They’re J.Crew-ish but more streamlined and easier on the wallet. Which means you could buy lots of them. Which is exactly what I think Sevi should do.

You see I can’t be getting them myself as this weekend my fella ominously told me we should talk about “the budget”. Am pretty sure our budget talk will not include a brand new wardrobe for me from Pim & Larkin. But someone should have a brand new wardrobe from Pim & Larkin. Their clothes are just that cute. So, in my mind, that someone should be Sevi. Because they’re exactly her style and so non-budget-busting. (Everyone will think so, except possibly Sevi’s husband.)

Anyway, here are my top picks for Sevi and anyone else whose fella is not currently frowning and uttering that terrible “b” word (“b” for budgets, of course.) All available at piperlime.com. (Click this link to go to piperlime.com where you can check out more Pim & Larkin finds.)
cashmere sweater $69
tee $59. How cute would this be with a chunky, orange necklace? You can get 'em for a song at Target.
 
 
The peplum top is very on-trend. ($59) With skinny jeans and flats? Talk about momshell!
 
(Images from piperlime.com)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment