Thursday, July 10, 2014

How The Yellowstone Trip Really Went

How The Yellowstone Park Vacation Really Went


It is a Federal offense to open someone else's mail. But it is not a Federal offense to read a certain someone's letter before it is mailed. If that certain someone is your 8 year old who has entrusted you to fill out the envelope and pilfer the junk drawer for a stamp. 

This is part of the letter the 8 year old wrote to her favorite pen pal: her 2nd grade teacher. 

The letter is pictured above but a bit tricky to read. 

My favorite part is the following: "Yeah, during our vacation we drove to Yellowstone and I got car sick and threw up. Any-hoo! And on the way back to Denver I got a new movie and I watched it 12 times because I couldn't watch these movies: Frozen, Despicable Me 2, Croods, Soul Surfer and Little Mermaid. And we almost ran over a buffalo! Please right back." 

The letter closes with a particularly vivid drawing of us in the car, almost hitting the buffalo. I am pictured above the caption "freaking out", my fella is pictured above the caption "doesn't care". 

That about sums up how the trip went and why I am still recovering. Better leads on home organizing/shopping/clothing next week, I promise! 

1 comment: