Monday, July 28, 2014

Hide Kitchen Clutter In 1 Easy Step



I have a love/hate thing with the whole hidden-in-plain-sight concept.

On the home front, I love the hidden-away idea because I don’t like visual clutter.

But I hate it when a hidden object becomes a lost object.

So I am undecided on this organization tip I just read about. The tip is this: use a bread box as a charging station for your cell phones/i-pads/kindles etc.

Close the lid and voila! you have gizmos charging but not cluttering your kitchen.

In theory, this sounds great. In practice, I wonder how it will work.
Especially for man-lookers. Not that any of those live at my house.

(Man-looker = an individual challenged in finding household items, even those directly in front of eyes. Can be identified by distinctive cry that begins,”Have you seen my…” Gender: either. Age: any.)

I think the breadbox charging station would cause less visual clutter at my house but more nervous breakdowns for the man-lookers unable to find their gadgets.

It’s a trade off. Is it worth it?

I guess it depends how desperately you want to hide said items. Are you Ryan Gosling/Eva Mendes let’s-hide-a-pregnancy-for-6-months desperate? 

Or do you take a more confounding approach, a la actress Zoe Saldana, who appeared preggers on the red carpet but refused to confirm. This drove the talking heads to speculate: is Saldana expecting a real baby or suffering from a burrito baby?

Personally, I find burrito baby musings distasteful. Almost as distasteful as kitchen clutter! But to each their own.


Conquer that clutter any way that works for you, guru girls & guys (but not by shoving it temporarily in the oven, a decision that shows poorer judgement than those of us who spend minutes of our lives opining about burrito babies.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment