Wednesday, October 9, 2013

3 Easy Steps: Conceal Your T.V. Remote


As a committed fan of both DIY and clutter busting, you’d think I’d be all over the project Country Living magazine labeled “Fresh Plotline For Used Book”. It’s basically the old-cleverly-conceal-the-t.v.-remote-in-a-book ruse.

But no, I am not into it. In fact, I am the opposite. I am actively against this project. Because this plan seems like a perfect way to lose the remote control forever.

And I need no help with this. The guru crew loses the remote regularly. In fact, the remote is currently lost – I mean, cleverly concealed – in a box. The problem is… which box?
 

Once I find the damn thing you can bet I am not going to willingly hide it again, anywhere, ever, even in an antique book, whose presence on my coffee table makes me look readerly instead of junk-television-addicted.

This disguised remote project doesn’t make me as mad as some of my other pet peeves (see getups in the Sundance catalogue). But it gets me a little bit riled up. Clearly, I need to relax with some mindless television.

Except I need the remote to do that.

If you are not as bitter as I am, and you want to tackle this project, google for instructions. Or go to the library for the May 2013 edition of Country Living 
Happy remote-control concealing, guru girls & guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment