Friday, January 10, 2014

Ditch Antibacterial Soap: Embrace Guru Girl Goodness Instead



Yesterday I saw a mouse skittering across the kitchen. You know how I feel about mice. I jumped on the chair first and asked questions later.

My questions were many:

1.      My friendly pest management guy had recently visited and given us the thumbs up.

2.    It was a very fast moving mouse.

3.    It was mysteriously shaped, almost like a shadow of a mouse.

Today I figured out it wasn’t a mouse at all.

It was a dust bunny! A dust bunny made up of black dog hair that flew across the kitchen when the back door was opened. I discovered this because there is another one, just like it, in the family room!

On the one hand, I’m happy. We have no mice.

On the other hand, I’m dismayed.

We have dust bunnies that double as small animals.

There is no good answer to this except for guru girl to quit the holiday merriment and apply a little elbow grease to the cleaning situation.

I don’t enjoy cleaning, but I do enjoy cleaning products. And this potion, which I shall call Guru Girl Goodness, is the very best of the bunch for 2 reasons.

1.      It smells divine.

2.    You mix it up yourself. So very on trend and DIY!

I got the recipe from some pro housecleaners who did the move-out clean for us this summer. You better believe those ladies know their stuff!

Guru Girl Goodness Cleaning Spray:
I    In an empty spray bottle, mix 1/3 water, 1/3 Mr. Clean and 1/3 Dawn dishwashing liquid. (The specific kinds are: Mr. Clean with Febreze and Dawn Ultra dishwashing liquid.)

Helpful hints:

1.      It’s important you get the Febreze option.
2.    Don’t put in too much dishwashing liquid or you will have bubbles all over the place.  

Use this stuff on any counter that needs shining. It shines it right up, leaving no residue and the best scent ever.


Your kitchen will smell and look as high end as celebrity chef Nigella Lawson’s. But without the cocaine trails. 

And the only mouse sightings you’re gonna have are the ones next to your computer. 

Happy cleaning, guru girls & guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment